Inn2POWER is a four-year Interreg project of eleven partners from the five leading offshore wind clusters in the North Sea Region – Denmark, United Kindom, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.
The aim is to expand the capacity for innovation and to improve access to the offshore wind industry for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by connecting offshore wind businesses in the North Sea Region.
- Strengthening North Sea Region offshore wind clusters
- Supporting SMEs to collaborate and enter new markets
- Developing innovative concepts for port and harbour logistics
- Facilitating access to test and demonstration facilities
- Improving the skills and availability of personnel
Rationale for Inn2POWER
The offshore wind industry (OWI) is an important driver for economic development in the North Sea Region (NSR) but is challenged by the need for further cost reductions, continuous innovation and improved acceptance of the industry. In order to secure growth in the OWI around the North Sea Region small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) need to play a key role in tackling those challenges. SMEs represent a high percentage of the industry and can be highly innovative, offering unique capabilities based on their specialized skills, drive and flexibility. Inn2POWER offers targeted support measures to SMEs and supports collaborations on a regional, sectoral and transnational level. Thus Inn2POWER helps SMEs to overcome possible structural disadvantages and to realize their full innovation potential.
- Regional Development Agency West Flanders (POM West-Vlaanderen), Belgium – Coordinator of Inn2POWER
- WAB e.V. (Windenergie-Agentur WAB e.V.), Germany
- Autonomous Municipal Enterprise Port of Oostende (Autonoom Gemeentebedrijf Haven Oostende), Belgium
- University of Applied Sciences Bremerhaven (Hochschule Bremerhaven), Germany
- Kent County Council, United Kingdom
- National Innovation Center/Business Academy Southwest (Erhvervs-akademi Sydvest), Denmark
- Offshoreenergy.dk (Fonden Offshore Center Denmark), Denmark
- Nautilus Associates Ltd – Orbis Energy, United Kingdom
- Province of Groningen (Provincie Groningen), The Netherlands
- Flanders’ Maritime Cluster, Belgium
- Northern development Institute NOM (Noordelijke Ontwikkelings Maatschappij), The Netherlands
The Inn2POWER project is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund Interreg North Sea Region Programme.